IMPORTANT message to class participants and league/tournament archers!
Please remember to park in our parking lot whenever possible.
DO NOT PARK on the south side of County Road 38.
If the parking lot is full, please park on the north side of the road only, and east of our lane way.
This notice is very important during the snow removal season; the OPP will have your car towed away if you are in the way of the snow-plough drivers.
Thank you for your co-operation.
We are happy to announce that we ARE able to run our regular Session #2 group lessons for advanced youth and adults starting in January. ALL CLASSES ARE BOOKED FULLY.
Please see our classes page and events for further details.
Session #2 Advanced and Intermediate classes will run on Wednesdays from January 13th to February 17th and on Thursdays from January 14th to February 18th.
Students who are pre-registered will receive a reminder e-mail during the week of January 4th, and will have the option of paying via e-transfer if they wish.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and following Ontario government guidelines, we are suspending birthday party lessons until further notice.
The only exemption to this are parties which comprise of one family only in attendance.
Please contact Kathleen Millar for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNAC is pleased to announce that we will be running World Archery sanctioned events in 2021. Also, we will be running both provincial indoor championships and the national regional indoors. Also, we will be running mail matches.
Pre-registration for all these events is COMPULSORY. Preference will be given to advanced students and regular club participants.
You will see the dates and shooting times on our Events Page.
Only 4 people will be shooting for any start time; 2 archers per line. There will be no spectators.
For more details, or to sign up for one of our events, please call or write to Kathleen Millar at 613-989-2943 or email@example.com
During our COVID-19 delayed Session #4, we held our annual candle event on October 28-29. The archer must shoot out the flame without touching the arrow. It takes quite a lot of skill and calmness.
This year’s Master is Cadet Compound archer Quintin Fawcett who shot THREE candles successfully. Congratulations, Quintin! You are the youngest archer to take out 3 in one class!
Then we had quite the family feud in our Thursday night 7pm classes: all 3 parents shot out at least 1 candle flame (Connie Siedule shot out 2 of them), but none of the children in the families was able to do so. Of course the parents did not rub in that fact …
We had a large number of people shoot their first candle flames ever. So, with them plus repeat successful archers, big congratulations to: Serenity Last (her dad failed to put one out), Georgia Stanley, Stella Fawcett, Oz Alves, Eden Baker, William Baker and Pam LeClair.
Our annual event is the distraction night activity built into advanced group lessons. Other distraction night events include team rounds, shutting out sounds around you, and field archery. For more information on advanced classes, please contact Kathleen Millar.
On Saturday, September 26th we will be hosting our annual Awards Celebration for 2020.
We are excited to recognize all of our club, provincial and national participants.
But it’s 2020, so there will be differences:
- This event is by invitation only. You will receive an invitation directly via e-mail and/or via Canada Post. There will be no other spectators. Please see Point #3.
- The presentations will be held outdoors. We will have a pavilion in case of poor weather. Please wear your mask at all times except for the actual presentation.
- Bring ONE family member with you in order to present you with your medal(s).
- There is no set time to arrive during the day between 9am to 4pm. Please identify yourself at the shop door and we’ll come out to organise the presentation, take your photo and give you some cake if you wish.
- We will create a photo collage on our website of all our participants who join us on September 26th.
- There will be individual pieces of cake, cut and plated according to COVID-19 guidelines. Kathy or Larry will give you the piece of cake directly in order to avoid cross-contamination. When you eat your cake, please maintain at least 2m-distance between your family and any others present. Please put your garbage in the waste bin provided.
NOTE: SNAC has all the medals and certificates EXCEPT for provincial championship medals. If you received one of these in the mail, PLEASE bring it/them along so that we can present them to you properly.
FYI: MICA has been extended until the end of the year, so we will not be able to know club member results yet.
FOR SOUTH NATION ARCHERY GROUP LESSONS 2020-2021
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, South Nation Archery will be regulating student traffic flow strictly.
See below for details.
All students will be expected to wear a mask at all times except when shooting or performing warm-up exercises. If you do not have a mask, we will give you a disposable mask upon entering.
You must use the hand sanitizer products upon entering. You will be asked if you washed your hands or not after using the toilette facilities. Toilettes will be cleaned after each use.
NEW Rules to Regulate Student Traffic Flow:
- There will be NO visitors / spectators, including parents, during classes. All chairs and benches have been removed during classes.
- Wait in your car for your family member(s) to exit the building when classes are done.
- For students attending classes at 7pm, 8pm or 9pm, wait either in the indoor designated waiting area, the outdoor designated waiting area (see diagram by using the link below), or in your vehicle until the previous class members have exited. You will be given a signal to enter.
- You or your family i.e. “germ pool” have been assigned a specific spot for you and your gear during class. All outdoor clothing, personal articles and personal archery gear must be stored in this area upon arrival and during class. NO personal articles will be allowed in the showroom. All students will enter the shooting lanes at the 18m doorway and exit after class through the 10m doorway and directly out of the building.
- See individual class listing to determine your area: A, B, C or D.
- Payment: For those who have not pre-paid their group lesson fee, Larry will have you come into the showroom, one at a time, once class has started, in order for you to pay.
Session #4 Classes start on September 23-25, 2020 as follows. All classes are full.
AY4-6 Advanced Session #4 Wednesdays 6-7pm
AY4-7 Advanced Session #4 Wednesdays 7-8pm
AY4-8 Advanced Session #4 Wednesdays 8-9pm
AI4-9 Intermediate Session #4 Wednesdays 9-10pm
AA4-6 Advanced Session #4 Thursdays 6-7pm
AA4-7 Advanced Session #4 Thursdays 7-8pm
AA4-8 Advanced Session #4 Thursdays 8-9pm
BY4-6 Beginner Ages 11-15 Fridays 6-7pm
BY4-7 Beginner Ages 7-10 Fridays 7-8pm
BY4-8 Beginner Teens & Adults Fridays 8-9pm
BY4-9 Beginner Teens & Adults Fridays 9-10pm